Author: Amin Shahrokhi
Author Email: support [at] arashtad.com
Author URL: https://arashtad.com
Creation Date: September 2014
Copyright: © 2011 - 2016 Arashtad Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
iTab is a Joomla! 3 module, displaying a JQuery based tabstrip on Joomla! websites. iTab provides 14 preset stylesheets and also provides facility to use custom stylesheets as easy as possible. Some of iTab features go following:
iTab is made for creating tabstrips on Joomla! 3 website without necessity of coding knowledge. iTab does not use database and each instance of this extension, gets the parameters from settings that are assigned via its module manager area. Having unlimited tab modules on a page, displaying various items or a single item is easily possible with iTab.
For installing iTab on your Joomla! log into your Joomla! administrator panel by calling [your-domain.com]/administrator and giving your username and password. Then follow the steps below to have iTab installed and ready to use:
1. From the Joomla! top menu go to: Extensions > Extension Manager.
Using iTab is as easy as using every simple module on Joomla! Just got to Extensions > Module Manger and click on the “iTab” module that has been created while installation or for creating a new instance follow the steps below:
1. Go to Extensions > Module Manager.
2. Click on “New” button at the top left of the page.
3. Select “iTab” by clicking on its name.
4. Name your module instance and fill in the blanks.
Also, there are 14 preset styles for this module that the “Default” one is selected by default. You can click on the drop down list beside “Style” and change the style of this specific module.
When the setting is done, click on “Save & Close” button.
To uninstall iTab from your Joomla! completely, do as follow:
1. Go to Extensions > Extension Manager.
2. Click on the “Manage” tab at the left of the page.
3. Search “iToggle” using the search field at the top of the table and press Enter.
This way, you will have all iToggle extensions removed from your website.
As described iTab is very flexible and easy to customize. You can easily change the style of its module output by selecting every preset style you want but if you know CSS and would like to have your own style for iTab module output, follow the instruction below:
1. Open [Joomla!]/modules/mod_itab/styles/custom.css with a text editor.
2. Once the file is open, you find some selectors with no attributes. These selectors are the iTab module selectors that have their attributes on the master.css file but since you are about creating your own style, here you have them all empty. Now, it’s the time for coding! So, fill in the blank selectors with your desired attributes and save the file.
3. Now, you have a custom stylesheet for your iTab extension and can make it use for every specific iTab module instance you create, going to management page of that module and selest “Custom” from drop down of the “Style” section.
Special thanks to brilliant brains of the world. People/Companies who have really shaked the world by their superb jobs. Some of these stars have helped iTab project to be handled since they have helped millions of projects before: